Here are some resources that you may find useful to assist you to become more accustomed to using Seesaw and to help with communication with home.
1. Essential Viewing - Getting Started with Seesaw - guides from preschool to high school - scroll down the page to view all - each one is a step-by-step booklet and is available in pdf format with multiple illustrations.
2. Getting Started Checklist for Teachers - handy to ensure you remember everything. (pdf format)
3. Help on Best Practice - Remote Learning - Working from Home
4. PowerPoint on Remote Learning with Seesaw - ppt download
5. Handout 1 - Seesaw - Logging in as a Student (pdf)
6. Handout 2 - Seesaw - Logging in as a Teacher (pdf)
8. Slideshow on Getting to Know Seesaw - presented below - using many of the ideas from No.1 Seesaw
booklet above and including a linked video on Seesaw in action in a primary school.
9. Handout 3 - NEW - As requested by several attendees to Webinar 1-4 - how to add a worksheet to Seesaw
including how to take and save a screengrab.
10. Laura's Top Tips for Seesaw Class - NEW - Working Remotely and Symbol Insertion shortcuts (2 pages
in pdf format)
11. Laura's comparison of the advantages of the paid version of Seesaw over the free version -
as requested by many webinar attendees.
Click on image to view in full size on screen
1. Getting Started with Seesaw - Video Tutorials
2. Creating Resources with Seesaw -Video Tutorials
Tutorial 4 uses the image from Pix Clipart for this activity. You may wish to do the same. To do this click on the link below:
Tutorial 6 - Using SafeTube with Seesaw
In this video, Laura explains how to create a link to a website or online video. In the process she shows how to take the url from YouTube and paste it into SafeTube in order to avoid any issues with suggested videos from YouTube down the side and also any ads popping up. You just get the video.
Tutorial 7 - Using Google Slides with Seesaw
In this video we introduce Google Slides with Seesaw. Both Slides and Docs work well with Seesaw (but not Ppt). This video shows just one example (Cinnín Óir) of how Slides could be used to link to Seesaw. Hope you find it useful. Click on image on left or right.
Tutorial 10 - Sept 27th 2020 - in response to a specific request to show how Twinkl activities can be used in Seesaw, this is one such Autumn activity, a Maths matching activity, suitable for Junior/Senior Infants, sourced in Twinkl and attached as a pdf for pupils to annotate over and submit their completed assignment.
Slideshow from Questions and Answer Session on Seesaw
This slideshow was put together in response to queries set by participants in advance of the Q and A Session on Seesaw which was held on Tues 8th Sept @ 7 pm. Hope you find it useful. Another Q and A webinar has been set for October 5th @ 7 pm also with Sligo EC. So keep an eye out for that and let Regina know if there are any Seesaw issues I may be able to help with.
ALSO - now available just below here in scrolling slideshow....